Saturday, February 20

Plotting and Planning

While I've got the Laundry on, I've got some time for a little planning update.

Started working on a rough itinerary. Basically I figure that I should be able to average 700km/day. That's a decent pace and as there is no Cruise Control in the Fox, my foot will need a break once in awhile.

Here's the itinerary so far:

Kamloops, BC to Calgary, AB: 620km (RON)
Calgary, AB to Rouleau, SK (Short Stop) to Regina, SK: 804km (RON)
Regina, SK to Winnipeg, MB: 572km (RON)
Winnipeg, MB to Thunder Bay, ON: 706km (RON)
Thunder Bay, ON to Sault St. Marie, ON: 704km (RON)
Sault St. Marie, ON to Midland, ON: 554km (RON)
Midland, ON to Owen Sound, ON: 143km (Short Stop)
Owen Sound, ON to London, ON: 229km (Poss RON)
London, ON to Niagara Falls, ON: 206km (Short Stop)
Niagara Falls, ON to Toronto, ON: 132km (RON or Two)
Toronto, ON to Ottawa, ON: 450km (RON)
Ottawa, ON to Montreal, QC: 194km (Short Stop or RON)
Montreal, QC to Quebec City, QC: 253km (RON)

From Quebec City to Goose Bay I am still working out the logistics for that. Highway 389 is all gravel, sparsely populated and not under cell coverage. A little more research must be done for that.

Still no confirmation on any of my friends coming with me so this trip is starting to look like I'll be going Solo.

Will be packing my Apartment tomorrow and heading up to my Grandmother's place to save on Rent and get assistance from my Uncle with final vehicle prep. Right now it looks like that I'll be departing in the first week of March.

I'm starting to get excited as everything moves forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment